This Wax Mat kit is recommended for 6'6" surfboards.
The kit includes:
(2) rail grips (2"x6" each)
(1) set 1/2 mid panels (8"x6" each)
(1) set mid panels (8"x12" each)
(1) set back panels (7"x12" each).
Wax Mats have an excellent wet grip and is non-abrasive to the skin. May be used on the decks of surf, skimboards, marine crafts, bathtubs and any where an excellent slip resistant, non-abrasive, see-through surface is needed.
Installation on Board with Wax
- Use fresh water to wash off any sand, salt, or dirt on the board. Dry board with a towel or rag.
- Use a wax scraper or liquid wax remover to remove wax off the deck that will be covered by wax mats.
- Be sure surface is dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
New and Clean Board Application
Note: Proper installation of the mats takes about the same amount of time as it takes to rub on a good coat of wax. Best not to be in a hurry.
- Select desired locations and positions of the mats on the deck. A space of up to 1" between mats is fine. If the board does not have a stringer or center line, lay a strip of masking tape down the center of the deck as a guide.
- Board temperature must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for adhesive to bond to deck.
- Peel off 3"-4" of the liner at the end of the mat and press onto the deck. Peel off the rest of the linter and press the mat onto the deck. The mat can be lifted up and repositioned if necessary.
- Press the entire mat firmly onto the board.
Note: Use the end of a ruler, putty knife, wax scraper, or roller, and firmly press the mat onto the board as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This prevents bubbles from forming under the panel.
- Repeat process to the rest of the mats.
Care and Maintenance
The Wax Mats can be cleaned with dishwashing detergent and scrub brush. Rinse with fresh water. Avoid applying or using solvents such as paint thinner, acetone, or xzylene, on the Wax Mats.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Wax Mat is a great product and Surfco is a great place to get it, Very good price and fast shipping
I have always been looking for a alternative to wax that melts and gets messy over time. I have used the front traction pads but they were always to harsh on my skin and would tear me up especially after a winter of using a wetsuit. Finally, Surfco came out this is product and former Pro Shea Lopez turned me on to this product. What an awesome product. I like it so much that all my surfboards have/use the wax mats.
interesting product, good innovation, but not yet tested in the water. I have to admit, I thought the matt would be more transparant than it is.