This Wax Mat kit is recommended for 6'6" surfboards that are +20" wide.
The kit includes:
(2) rail grips (2"x6" each)
(1) set 1/2 mid panels (8"x6" each)
(1) set mid panels (8"x12" each)
(1) set back panels (7"x12" each)
(2) 2"x12" panels
Wax Mats have an excellent wet grip and is non-abrasive to the skin. May be used on the decks of surf, skimboards, marine crafts, bathtubs and any where an excellent slip resistant, non-abrasive, see-through surface is needed.
Installation on Board with Wax
- Use fresh water to wash off any sand, salt, or dirt on the board. Dry board with a towel or rag.
- Use a wax scraper or liquid wax remover to remove wax off the deck that will be covered by wax mats.
- Be sure surface is dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
New and Clean Board Application
Note: Proper installation of the mats takes about the same amount of time as it takes to rub on a good coat of wax. Best not to be in a hurry.
- Select desired locations and positions of the mats on the deck. A space of up to 1" between mats is fine. If the board does not have a stringer or center line, lay a strip of masking tape down the center of the deck as a guide.
- Board temperature must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for adhesive to bond to deck.
- Peel off 3"-4" of the liner at the end of the mat and press onto the deck. Peel off the rest of the linter and press the mat onto the deck. The mat can be lifted up and repositioned if necessary.
- Press the entire mat firmly onto the board.
Note: Use the end of a ruler, putty knife, wax scraper, or roller, and firmly press the mat onto the board as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This prevents bubbles from forming under the panel.
- Repeat process to the rest of the mats.
Care and Maintenance
The Wax Mats can be cleaned with dishwashing detergent and scrub brush. Rinse with fresh water. Avoid applying or using solvents such as paint thinner, acetone, or xzylene, on the Wax Mats.
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great so far!
Just bought my 3rd set. Been great on my other two boards a few months. Not quite as sticky as wax but has seemed sticky enough that I prefer the convenience - and it’s only been winter months so far.
I keep my groveller surfboard in my truck under a tonneau cover in a board bag. During the summer the wax melts on the board and sticks to the cover. Wax mat completely solves that problem. The traction is as sticky as wax and doesn't come off. My only complaint is the wide wax mat kit doesn't provide as much coverage as I like. I also purchased the Hexagon wax mat to add wax mat right above the rear track mat by the tail. If you store your board in your car or truck this is a must have!
All my boards have it after I switched from wax. It's great. No more cleaning boards. No mess to clean up grip is great.
These wax mats are great and easy to apply. You will never need wax again and they also help with protecting the board against pressure dents. I use these on all my boards. Lastly, Surfco is a great local company who always follows up on letting you know when the have shipped and always a Mahalo for your purchase.
Great product. I started using wax mats because I wanted something to protect the surface of my board and help prevent those pressure pockets you get over time. This stuff works great for that and of course no more wax. The product is easy to apply, does not yellow or fade and does not peel off. Lastly the company is a local one with great people who care about their customers and their products.