NOTE: Limited supply of Translucent White.
This Wax Mat kit is recommended for surfboards 6'0 and under.
The kit includes:
(2) rail grips (2"x6" each)
(1) set mid panels (8"x12" each)
(1) set back panels (7"x12" each). Wax Mats have an excellent wet grip and is non-abrasive to the skin. May be used on the decks of surf, skimboards, marine crafts, bathtubs and any where an excellent slip resistant, non-abrasive, see-through surface is needed.
Installation on Board with Wax
- Use fresh water to wash off any sand, salt, or dirt on the board. Dry board with a towel or rag.
- Use a wax scraper or liquid wax remover to remove wax off the deck that will be covered by wax mats.
- Be sure surface is dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
New and Clean Board Application
Note: Proper installation of the mats takes about the same amount of time as it takes to rub on a good coat of wax. Best not to be in a hurry.
- Select desired locations and positions of the mats on the deck. A space of up to 1" between mats is fine. If the board does not have a stringer or center line, lay a strip of masking tape down the center of the deck as a guide.
- Board temperature must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for adhesive to bond to deck.
- Peel off 3"-4" of the liner at the end of the mat and press onto the deck. Peel off the rest of the linter and press the mat onto the deck. The mat can be lifted up and repositioned if necessary.
- Press the entire mat firmly onto the board.
Note: Use the end of a ruler, putty knife, wax scraper, or roller, and firmly press the mat onto the board as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This prevents bubbles from forming under the panel.
- Repeat process to the rest of the mats.
Care and Maintenance
The Wax Mats can be cleaned with dishwashing detergent and scrub brush. Rinse with fresh water. Avoid applying or using solvents such as paint thinner, acetone, or xzylene, on the Wax Mats.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I put the Wax Mat in a 6'0 CI Dumpster Diver and took it out for the first time today. Works just as well as the Hex Wax Mat I am used to. Sticky with or without boots.. I am never going back to wax!
just got a foil board and didnt want to cover it all in wax. got the wax mat and it’s clean and easy application and great grip! would definitely use this on my regular surfboards! thumbs up!
Don't ever have to worry about buying or forgetting wax for my boards, or having wax melt off my board. Awesome!!!
I ordered the Wax Mat Kit for my new shortboard. Surfed it 4 times so far and it grips good and doesn't give rash. Pretty stoked on this product!
what an ingenious solution! I'm grateful for this invention! no more concerns that the wax may melt in my car, nor find out my board is low on wax in the middle of a session!