This Wax Mat set includes two (2) 8"x12" mid panels.
Wax Mats have an excellent wet grip and is non-abrasive to the skin. May be used on the decks of surf, skimboards, marine crafts, bathtubs and any where an excellent slip resistant, non-abrasive, see-through surface is needed.
Installation on Board with Wax
- Use fresh water to wash off any sand, salt, or dirt on the board. Dry board with a towel or rag.
- Use a wax scraper or liquid wax remover to remove wax off the deck that will be covered by wax mats.
- Be sure surface is dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
New and Clean Board Application
Note: Proper installation of the mats takes about the same amount of time as it takes to rub on a good coat of wax. Best not to be in a hurry.
- Select desired locations and positions of the mats on the deck. A space of up to 1" between mats is fine. If the board does not have a stringer or center line, lay a strip of masking tape down the center of the deck as a guide.
- Board temperature must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for adhesive to bond to deck.
- Peel off 3"-4" of the liner at the end of the mat and press onto the deck. Peel off the rest of the linter and press the mat onto the deck. The mat can be lifted up and repositioned if necessary.
- Press the entire mat firmly onto the board.
Note: Use the end of a ruler, putty knife, wax scraper, or roller, and firmly press the mat onto the board as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This prevents bubbles from forming under the panel.
- Repeat process to the rest of the mats.
Care and Maintenance
The Wax Mats can be cleaned with dishwashing detergent and scrub brush. Rinse with fresh water. Avoid applying or using solvents such as paint thinner, acetone, or xzylene, on the Wax Mats.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I found Wax Mat by accident, was on a used board I got. I was planning on peeling it off but the waves were good so I rode the board as I got it. It was perfect! Good grip, can’t tell the difference from wax, and doesn’t melt in the sun. I have Wax Mat on all my boards now, rode them in all types of waves from 1-8ft and it’s never let me down!!
Needed to peel up a panel. Worked great to buy this and trim with scissors to be the correct size. Yay
SurfCo wax mats are an amazing alternative to having traditional wax on your board. No more worries about having to wax your board before a surf session. No time wasted and no hassles getting melted wax on your car seats. Provided you keep the wax mat clean (a little dish soap wash and scrub down once in a while) the grip is very positive and more consistently better than a traditionally waxed board in my opinion. The team at SurfCo are great. They stand by their products and really provided excellent customer service