This Wax Mat kit is recommended for SUP wide deck surfboards (6 feet).
The kit includes:
(4) sets mid (with 6"x12" each)
(1) set back (with 6"x12" each)
(1) set tail panels (with 6"x12" each)
Wax Mats have an excellent wet grip and is non-abrasive to the skin. May be used on the decks of surf, skimboards, marine crafts, bathtubs and any where an excellent slip resistant, non-abrasive, see-through surface is needed.
Installation on Board with Wax
- Use fresh water to wash off any sand, salt, or dirt on the board. Dry board with a towel or rag.
- Use a wax scraper or liquid wax remover to remove wax off the deck that will be covered by wax mats.
- Be sure surface is dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
New and Clean Board Application
Note: Proper installation of the mats takes about the same amount of time as it takes to rub on a good coat of wax. Best not to be in a hurry.
- Select desired locations and positions of the mats on the deck. A space of up to 1" between mats is fine. If the board does not have a stringer or center line, lay a strip of masking tape down the center of the deck as a guide.
- Board temperature must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for adhesive to bond to deck.
- Peel off 3"-4" of the liner at the end of the mat and press onto the deck. Peel off the rest of the linter and press the mat onto the deck. The mat can be lifted up and repositioned if necessary.
- Press the entire mat firmly onto the board.
Note: Use the end of a ruler, putty knife, wax scraper, or roller, and firmly press the mat onto the board as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This prevents bubbles from forming under the panel.
- Repeat process to the rest of the mats.
Care and Maintenance
The Wax Mats can be cleaned with dishwashing detergent and scrub brush. Rinse with fresh water. Avoid applying or using solvents such as paint thinner, acetone, or xzylene, on the Wax Mats.