NOTE: Clear Wax Mat Kits coming Summer 2021!
This Wax Mat kit is recommended for 9'0" surfboards.
The kit includes:
(4) rail grips (2"x6" each)
(1) set nose panels (8"x12" each)
(1) set 1/4 mid panels (8"x3" each)
(5) set mid panels (8"x12" each)
(5) 2"x12" panels
(2) 3"x12" panels
(1) set back panels (7"x12" each)
(1) set tail panels (4"x12" each)
Wax Mats have an excellent wet grip and is non-abrasive to the skin. May be used on the decks of surf, skimboards, marine crafts, bathtubs and any where an excellent slip resistant, non-abrasive, see-through surface is needed.
Installation on Board with Wax
- Use fresh water to wash off any sand, salt, or dirt on the board. Dry board with a towel or rag.
- Use a wax scraper or liquid wax remover to remove wax off the deck that will be covered by wax mats.
- Be sure surface is dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
New and Clean Board Application
Note: Proper installation of the mats takes about the same amount of time as it takes to rub on a good coat of wax. Best not to be in a hurry.
- Select desired locations and positions of the mats on the deck. A space of up to 1" between mats is fine. If the board does not have a stringer or center line, lay a strip of masking tape down the center of the deck as a guide.
- Board temperature must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for adhesive to bond to deck.
- Peel off 3"-4" of the liner at the end of the mat and press onto the deck. Peel off the rest of the linter and press the mat onto the deck. The mat can be lifted up and repositioned if necessary.
- Press the entire mat firmly onto the board.
Note: Use the end of a ruler, putty knife, wax scraper, or roller, and firmly press the mat onto the board as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This prevents bubbles from forming under the panel.
- Repeat process to the rest of the mats.
Care and Maintenance
The Wax Mats can be cleaned with dishwashing detergent and scrub brush. Rinse with fresh water. Avoid applying or using solvents such as paint thinner, acetone, or xzylene, on the Wax Mats.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The grip is great. I use the wax mat for my long and shortboards. I’ve placed the pads on the front half of my longboard and eliminated the need to wax that area. Placing the pads where I grab the rails to get up, duck dive or turtle, keeps my hands from slipping.
The wax mat works great on surfaces where I don't normally wax but may need the grip when I step around and/or shift my feet on the board. I especially like to place the pads when I place my hands on the rail to get up and hold when I duck dive.
Fantastic mat for those of us who dislike wax, it grips better than wax. I use it in all my boards short and long!!!!
Great product, fantastic in the water, way better than wax. The company shipped it very quickly. Five star all the way.
Better feel in the water than what I expected. Solid wet grip and can still slide up n down board for manuvering on take off. Love it