Marine Grip Roll Stock
- Marine Grip is a non-abrasive, slip resistant grip tape developed as an alternative to wax for surf and SUP board decks. Marine Grip is perfect for boat decks as an alternative to abrasive grip tape and other rough textured products.
- The thin, lightweight grip tape provides an excellent non-abrasive wet and dry grip. The tape works well with bare feet, rubber, and leather footwear. The non-abrasive grip tape will not damage clothing or wetsuits.
- Marine Grip will not absorb water, fish blood or slime. It is easy to clean with household or marine cleaners.
- A strong marine peel and stick adhesive makes the grip tape easy to apply and provides a durable bond that will not peel up.
The film is UV stable and will not discolor or lose its grip properties.
- Marine Grip maintains its excellent grip in all temperatures and is not affected by heat or freezing conditions.
- The translucent white grip tape allows graphics and wood surfaces to be seen under the film. The solid colored grip tapes can provide color to boat decks or other surfaces where a non-slip surface is needed.
- Marine Grip is available in a range of panel sizes and roll widths. It can easily be cut into custom patterns to fit surfboard, boat and other marine craft decks. It can also be used on docks, walkways, steps, or other areas where a non-abrasive wet grip is needed.
- Marine Grip is developed by SurfCo Hawaii and is made in America with the finest materials and workmanship.
- Deck Panel Sets
- Roll Stock
- Be sure the surface is smooth, dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcohol or xylene if necessary.
- Select the desired location(s) and position(s) for the Marine Grip on the deck. If cutting from roll stock, cut to fit with scissors or a sharp blade.
- Surface temperature must be above 65 degrees Fahrenheit for the adhesive to bond properly to the deck.
- Peel 3”- 4”of the liner at one end of the grip tape and press onto the deck. Then peel off the rest of the liner and press the tape onto the deck.
- Use the end of a putty knife, J roller, or your palm, and firmly press the tape onto the deck as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This helps prevent bubbles from forming under the tape.
- Repeat the above process for the rest of the tape. Maximum adhesive strength is achieved in 72 hours.
Care and Maintenance
Marine Grip can be cleaned with household cleaners, dishwashing detergent or boat cleaners such as Z Cleaner. Use a scrub brush and rinse with fresh water.
Avoid contact with gasoline, motor oil, paint thinner, acetone, MEK, xylene, or other petroleum products. They will damage the grip tape.
Replace worn or damaged Marine Grip.
Removal and Replacement of Marine Grip
Removal of Panels
Start peel up at one corner, pull the grip tape toward the other end of the tape. Use a metal scrapper or putty knife and slide under the tape as you peel back the grip tape.
Removal of a Section
If a section of Marine Grip is to be replaced, use a sharp blade and cut out damaged area. Replace Marine Grip in the same pattern that was removed.
Removal of Adhesive
- Apply an adhesive remover such as “Goop” or “Goo Gone,” and leave it on the adhesive for an hour. This softens the adhesive.
- Use a metal scrapper or putty knife, and scrape off adhesive.
- Wipe off any residue with a rag or paper towel.
- Clean the surface with household cleaner or dishwashing detergent.
- Rinse with fresh water.